Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beach Week Grilled Cheese

As promised, here's one more post about my grilled cheesing from last week to further tide you over until this week's entry.

Last week I was at the beach with some friends.  Anyone who has been to a beach week knows that there are several mass group meals to be had throughout the week, and there are only so many foods that easily lend themselves to mass production (frozen pizza, spaghetti, tacos, etc.).  However, I was ready to take on the challenge of mass producing some grilled cheeses for the whole house.  And by some I mean 20 (or 1.5 sandwiches per person).  Luckily I was aided in my venture by one of my most loyal readers: The Cheese Whiz Kid (my usual sous chef was there too).  We decided to do two of my favorites: Apple, Ham and Cheddar on Sourdough and Havarti and Dilled Cucumbers on Rye.  Both of these sandwiches had a light summer feel and would be perfect for the beach!

Sadly, we couldn't find enough havarti to make the latter, so we went with a last minute substitute of jack cheese (as we all know, another perennial favorite).  It actually turned out pretty well!  Photos below.

My sous chefs hard at work.

Sandwiches lined up and ready for grilling!

Upon first glance, it looks like the apple/ham/cheddar is the most popular, but it actually ended up being a pretty even split in terms of overall preferences.

Shoutout to the Cheese Whiz Kid.

1 comment:

  1. The Cheese Whiz KidJuly 6, 2011 at 1:44 PM

    No longer am I just a reader of this blog. Now I can live it!

    ReplyDelete