Monday, March 21, 2011

Say Cheese :-D

Every time I hear the word "lunch" it makes me think of a grilled cheese sandwich and vanilla milkshake as made for me by my grandma. I loved grilled cheeses as a child and still love them today, so much so that for Christmas two years ago my dad gave me the following book: Great Grilled Cheese: 50 Innovative Recipes for Stovetop, Grill and Sandwich Maker with an inscription challenging me to try some of the recipes therein to see which, if any, compare to the Grandma Partlow original.

Well, two years later it's time for me to accept that challenge! My goal is to work my way through the book at a rate of approximately one grilled cheese per week and write down my findings a la "Julie and Julia." I also aim to intermix my experience with the book's recipes with some reports from the field (aka restaurants) and my own unique grilled cheese creations (is there a way to blend the grilled cheese and vanilla milkshake combo even more seamlessly? Probably not :-/, but that may not stop me from trying)!

Although my love of fried bread and cheese may lead to some biased reviews (I'm not sure it's even possible to create a not tasty grilled cheese), I think it will still be fun to track my culinary explorations (especially considering they are typically so few and far between). Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I will be a regular reader of this blog -- your descriptions capture the essence so well, I feel like I'm looking over your shoulder. And the photography is better than most cookbooks. LOVE the grilled cheese "official" plates. I think they automatically upped the appearance level of every sandwich. MMMMMM -- good!

    ReplyDelete